Subsite Page Title
Ballet Austin's Butler Center for Dance and Fitness
Main page content
UT System Administration and Ballet Austin’s Butler Center for Dance and Fitness have partnered to provide FREE fitness classes for active employees! Dance classes and much, MUCH MORE!
Plan ahead! If you do not create an account ahead of time, please arrive a few minutes early to your first class to create an account at Ballet Austin.
Schedule. A schedule of classes can be found here. IMPORTANT: Because UT System Administration is paying for your classes, you will not be able to use the sign up button visible on the schedule. You will check in each time you go to class.
If I can’t use the sign up button, why do I need to create an account? All participants need to create an account in order for Ballet Austin to track your attendance.
Bring your ID! You will need to show your UT System ID to the staff at the Business Center in the lobby who will place a membership tag onto your account designating you as a UT System employee.
Phone Drop-in Class Registration for UT System Administration Employees:
- Call (512) 501-8704 to register for a drop-in class. Mention you’re with UT System and give your name and the class you want to attend. If there is no answer, you may also call (512) 476-9151 to register.
- Phone registrations will not be taken more than 24 hours in advance of class time (can’t register for weeks out at a time).
- If unable to attend once registered, cancellations must be made by phone at least 30-minutes prior to the start of class. If cancellations take place within the 30-minute window or after, UT System Administration will still be charged for the class.
- This option is only available for established UT System employees. New employees or those new to participating at Ballet Austin will still need to stop by Ballet Austin first to be verified by our Customer Experience staff.
- UT System Administration employees must show their badges at check-in as usual.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration for class is not required. The Phone Drop-in Class Registration system was created to in response to some classes exceeding capacity.
Discount!: UT System Administration employees enjoy 15% off Group Reformer Classes! Employee is responsible for entire cost of Group Reformer Class purchases. Learn how to purchase Group Reformer Classes. Drop-in classes remain free to employees.
Frequently asked questions
Which classes can I attend? You are invited to attend ALL classes listed on the Drop-In Class Schedule – even during the weekend!
Where do I park? Many of us are close enough to walk, others, check out the parking information provided by Ballet Austin.
Can remote employees join? Yes, all UT System Administration employees are invited to join, the physical location is the only barrier.
I'm a UT Austin employee. Am I able to take a class? Unfortunately, only UT System Administration employees receive the free class benefit. However, as at UT Austin employee you receive 10% off your class! Just bring your UT ID to take advantage of the discount.