Enterprise Mobility Management
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is a centralized solution for managing mobile device access to institutional data. With the increase of mobile devices accessing UT System data, a transformation in the way we work is taking place. EMM allows this transformation to take place while protecting both mobile devices and UT System data.
Personal mobile devices, unlike institution-owned mobile devices, are not configured by technical support staff for basic security controls. EMM enables institutions to accommodate user access to institutional data while conforming to UT System policies and procedures for device configuration and safeguarding data. EMM components strive to make access to UT System data simple, straightforward, and secure.
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Secure enrollment of managed mobile devices
- Wireless configuration and updating of device settings
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with organizational polices
Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Secure mobile application distribution
- Mobile and enforcing compliance with application policies
- Reporting on approved/rogue apps
Mobile Content Management
- Secure area on device for storing University data and applications
- Container content is encrypted and separated from the rest of the device
- Allows for more granular control University data.
For more information on the UT System EMM Initiative, institutional users may login to the UT System SharePoint site mConnect.
UT System Administration users may login to the MDM SharePoint site.