The Occupational Safety Advisory Group (OSAG) is comprised of representatives of the Institutions and The University of Texas System (UT System). Each Institution is represented by designated individuals with responsibility for occupational safety.
To support the development and implementation of appropriate occupational safety programs; to serve as a mechanism for the free exchange of information and cooperation among the Institutions and various UT System offices.
- Emphasize and enhance communication and cooperation among the Institutions and various offices of the UT System concerning occupational safety issues
- Review, evaluate, and recommend regulatory compliance strategies where applicable and adopt best practices or consensus standards for use within the institutions
- Encourage and promote the hiring of well-qualified occupational safety staff
- Identify, recommend, and pursue opportunities to facilitate collaborative efforts that will benefit the Institutions and the UT System generally
- Analyze accident investigation and workers’ compensation data to better utilize resources to prevent future accidents, injuries, illnesses and exposures
- To disperse information relative to promote a safe environment utilizing applicable occupational safety codes, standards, regulations for faculty, staff, students, patients, and visitors
- To support and facilitate cooperative efforts related to occupational safety, which are beneficial to the Institutions and the UT System
- Provide advice and recommendations to the UT System Environmental Safety Group
- Advisory Committee; to support the development and implementation of appropriate occupational safety programs; to serve as a mechanism for the free exchange of information and cooperation among the Institutions and various UT System offices with occupational safety issues