Main page content
UT System Regents to meet Feb. 13-14
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 13-14, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
The agenda book and links to the live webcast for the meeting are available online. Reporters may print the agenda book as hard copies will not be available at the Board meeting.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
9:30 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion and appropriate action to recommend guaranteed tuition for four years as an option on each UT System academic campus
- Report on UT System strategies to reduce undergraduate tuition by offsetting increases in fiscal year 2014
- Update on the medical school in Austin and approval of expansion of preliminary planning authority for a Doctor of Medicine at UT Austin
11:30 a.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
1:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on cost efficiencies and savings
2:00 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on nursing workforce issues, shortages, needs, future education and pathways by Dr. Eileen Breslin from UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Discussion on the economic impact medical schools have in Texas
- Update on academic developments for the South Texas medical school
3:30 p.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee; agenda items include:
- Allocation of $12.5 million of Available University Funds for the UT Horizon Fund
The Board will recess at approximately 5 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 14
7:30 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee; agenda items include:
9:00 a.m. – Joint meeting of the Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee and Finance and Planning Committee
- Report on the Fiscal Year 2012 Annual Financial Report, including the report on the UT System Annual Financial Report Audit and audits of UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center, UT Medical Branch at Galveston and UT Health Science Center at Tyler financial statements and for funds managed by The University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO); includes a report by Deloitte & Touche
The Board will convene in open session at approximately 9:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Report on development performance for the UT System institutions
The Board will recess into executive session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding individual personnel matters related to the presidential search at UT Arlington, including individual candidate interviews and possible naming of finalists
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 5:00 p.m. to consider action on executive session items, if any, and adjourn at approximately 5:45 p.m.