The Office of Capital Projects (OCP) is a centralized resource responsible for oversight of the UT System’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and for the management of UT System Administration facilities. OCP supports systemwide program management and executive decision-making by providing subject matter expertise, regulatory guidance, research, benchmarking, and analysis. It supports UT System institutions by developing and maintaining the standards, tools, processes, and information resource needed to facilitate successful and transparent execution of the CIP.
The Office of Capital Projects is pleased to make available:
The Guide was created to provide easy access to the most current policies, procedures, and resources needed to successfully deliver Major Capital Projects for UT System and its institutions. It is continuously updated to serve all stakeholders engaged in the delivery of Major Capital Projects.
Areas covered in this Guide include:
- The Project Funding and Approval Timeline – Provides step by step tasks and deliverables required to obtain approvals and mitigate risks for each phase of the project
- The UT System Capital Improvement Program – Outlines the CIP and provides links to additional information
- Governing Laws, Rules, and Regulations – Includes the U.T. System Risk Mitigation and Monitoring Plan for Major Capital Projects, which references all Board of Regents Rules and Regulations, Systemwide Policies, State Laws, and Federal Laws governing Major Capital Project delivery for UT System
- Procurement of Goods and Services – Includes guidance on procurement strategies and the availability of Systemwide Contracts and Insurance Programs
- Facilities Renewal Model
- Historically Underutilized Business Program
- Organizational Chart
- Prevailing Wage Rates
- Staff Page
- Technical Specs