Administered by the UT System Office of HUB Programs, the purpose of the UT System Mentor Protégé Program is to advance the growth and development of minority and woman-owned businesses in Texas, foster long-term relationships between contractors/vendors and Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB), increase the ability of the HUB to contract with the state or to receive subcontracts under state contract as well as enable protégé companies to profitability perform in open competition.
The overall objective of the UT System Mentor Protégé Program is to provide professional guidance and support to the protégé company to facilitate their growth and development. In terms of measurable objectives, the UT System Mentor Protégé program seeks to help protégé companies:
- attain long-term stability in the marketplace;
- improve financial strength and bonding capability;
- meet the objectives outlined in the protégé company business plan;
- successfully complete the Mentor Protégé program within one to two years; and
- enable successful transition from protégé to mentor.
Questions regarding the Mentor-Protege Program should be directed to: