UT System Offices
Geoff Richards serves as the Executive Director of Real Estate. Kirk Tames serves the Real Estate Special Advisor. Kristin Keller serves as Portfolio Manager. Philip Bible serves as a Senior Real Estate Officer. Ed Walts serves as both a Senior Real Estate Officer and Assistant General Counsel. The Real Estate Office reports to the Office of Business Affairs.
Within the Office of General Counsel, Ha Dao serves as an Assistant General Counsel specializing in real estate.
The Real Estate Office provides centralized and comprehensive real estate services for the 14 institutions within the UT System. Services include:
- Provision of a comprehensive range of professional expertise and resources for campus real estate transactions, including planning and feasibility analyses, purchases, easements, and leases.
- Management, sales, and leases of surface interests in real property donated or bequeathed to a U. T. institution.
- Evaluation of proposed gifts and bequests of surface interests in real property and assistance to the institutions with respect to such gifts and bequests.
- Processing of required approvals for real estate transactions from U. T. System officials, the Board of Regents and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Coordination with the Office of Risk Management with respect to environmental and insurance issues.
- Coordination with county appraisal districts and tax offices with respect to property tax issues and exemptions.
- Provision of guidance and assistance to the institutions for compliance with policies and laws governing real property and real property transactions.