Leave balances may be viewed on the PeopleSoft home page. Vacation, sick and floating holiday balances are updated twice a month so the posted balance may not reflect the actual vacation and sick accrual even though the accruals are available for use. If you need current balances, please contact your timekeeper for assistance. Comp and overtime balances are updated daily.
- Vacation and sick will accrue beginning with your date of hire.
- You may not use vacation leave until you have 6 months of continuous state service. Any instance of leave without pay for a full calendar month during the initial 6 months will cause the 6-month count to restart.
- With manager approval, you may use sick and comp immediately upon earning.
- Monthly vacation and sick accruals are available as of the first of the month though you will not see a balance change until mid-month.
- Vacation accrual rates and carryover limits are based on your total state service and starts at 8 hours. Sick accrues at 8 hours. Vacation and sick accruals are proportionate to your appointment (full-time or part-time).
- Earned comp time expires 12 months after earning.
- Employees in FLSA non-exempt positions are eligible to earn overtime with prior manager approval. Overtime does not expire. However, balances must be used or paid in accordance with HOP 3.2.1 Fair Labor Standards Act - Overtime.
- Please contact your timekeeper for assistance with updated balances and comp expiration. Timekeepers have access to current balances.